Ruiz Cares Community Grant Application
The Ruiz Cares Community Grant program provides financial assistance to qualifying non-profit organizations in Tulare & Fresno Counties (CA), Grayson County (TX), and Florence County (SC) communities (specific eligibility guidelines outlined in criteria) that are working to address racism and discrimination. Organizations will be required to comply with the following criteria:
- Must have a 501 (c) (3) designation from the Internal Revenue Service
- Must be located within the following counties: Fresno County (CA), Tulare County (CA), Grayson County (TX), and Florence County (SC) and within a 50-mile radius of the Ruiz Food Products, Inc. manufacturing facilities in those counties
- Must provide a detailed outline of how grant funds will be allocated if received
- Eligible organizations must help promote social awareness and educate others on diversity within the community it serves
- Individuals and/or individual pursuit
- Travel for individuals and/or groups
- Political causes, candidates, or lobbying efforts
- Organizations not located within the outlined counties
- Operating expenses, advertising, sponsorships
- Capital projects
Grand Amount & Frequency
Each grant amount will be a one-time grant amount of up to $5,000 and will be awarded in each community for the calendar year 2020. Ruiz Foods reserves the right to issue multiple grants or higher amounts in its discretion.
Review Process & Deadline
All applications must be submitted by November 2nd. Final selection will be determined by November 30th. Selected organizations will be notified via email. Grants will be mailed directly to the organization.
In addition to the application, a detailed budget and plan report on use of grant funds is required along with the organization’s annual budget. The plan must specifically call out how the grant will help to promote or improve the issue of racial injustice and racism in the community.